Wednesday, August 29, 2007

From Portugal!

Hey so its my first message from portugal! Iºm really loving it here. I feel so at home, even from the first day i got here. I dont understand like anyone, but thats ok...Im learning....and i dont know how to put apostraphies using this portuguese keyboard...so i wont. Anyway, My first week I had a baptism!!!! yay! his name is Fredrico, hes 19. Hes a really cool guy. We have 1 investigator thats gonna be baptised this friday too! AND theres this brazillian couple (theyre really funny, i like them alot) that are going to be baptised soo (i hope) they just have to go to church 2 more times....they have a hard time waking up for church....its not a good excuse, but thats what they say. the wife is having a hard time cuz her mother is having problems with her gastric or whatever in her stomach, so were fasting for her and shes fasting for her. It was really cool when she told us about that and we told her about fasting. Really spiritual.
And in other news, yesterday something really cool happened. We were walking down the street, and we hear this guy say "O elder" so we turn and wave...because Helder is a portuguese name and the portuguese think its fun to yell O HELDER at us...cuz its like someone walking around with the title of John or something. So anyway, we turn and wave. and keep on walking but then he was like "espara! espera!" So we turn and he runs over to us, and hes in tears. He said something like "you guys always show up at the right time, my life is horrible I dont know what to do, everything is just so hard, etc. and i need to know if god loves me" So, we talked with him for a very little time...cuz he was in a hurry for something. But were going to visit him tonight, It was a really awesome experience.
The last few days have been really good for contacting too. We have about 5 new investigators! I dont really do much of the talking cuz i dont understand much of whats said...but i do sometimes...bear my testimony or whatnot. And one time i did teach the first lesson...or atleast about half of it.
But everything is going good, Im loving every minute here. And Im uploading some picture here:

http://www.ctrhomes.net/Img/

I dont know how many I can actually upload cuz the internet here is kinda slow and pictures are kinda big and I only have about 20 more minutes...so well see.
I love you all and cant wait to hear from you
BTW, my address here is:
Rua dr. Manuel Fernandes Duarte,
nº5 r/c Dro,
2780 Oeiras, Portugal.
oh ya...and my companions name is Elder Petty...Hes reallly cool. we get along really well, and hes been in the mission for 1.5 yrs and hes from Kansas. and like my address says, my area is Oeiras. Its really pretty here, I love it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yooo Dude read you post and looked the pictures . You look like you are having fun ! Just looks good man, really good . All you guys wtth those ties on looks lie a geek meeting of sorts! ha ha . Any way Thanks for the post Ill be looking in from time to time, Keep th egood work going ..
Sligh