Friday, July 13, 2007

Woot for another week

Ola!
Um.....nothing much exciting happened this week. Followed the usual schedule. The language is coming along very well. And I can really feel the Lords influence in everything I'm doing. I still am kinda homesick...but I try not to let that get in the way of the work. Umm...no really interesting stories this week....I got attacked by a robin...that was cool. I hit the tree that its nest was in with a frisbee...and it swooped down at me....there were 3 babies in its nest too! I named them Batman Catwoman and Mr Freeze! (get it...cuz they're robins! lol) anyway....umm...I did have a good experience when I was in the Referal Center (The place that answeres the calls people make when they see the TV advertisements for the free bible or Book of Mormon or such.) She wanted a free bible...so i got all her info, then i started telling her about the book of mormon and how it is a companion to the bible. She thought it was like a Bible dictionary..then went off about how she really wanted a bible dictionary. I explained that the free bible didnt come with one, but we could send Representatives (missionaries) over to give her one and share a message. she declined and said she could just borrow one from her brother. I said ok. Then I went on to bare my testimony of the truthfullness of the gospel and the Book of mormon, then i invited again if she wanted to have representatives over to tell her more about it. she accepted! it was awesome!
anyway...my time limit on this computer is almost done...so I better hurry and post this. I miss you all! Do good!
-Elder Hildebrandt

1 comment:

Rhett Hildebrandt said...

e'lder Hildebrandt,

Desde que seu portugues esteja tao bom, vou escrever na lingua dos anjos.

Espero que todos seus amigos estejam escrevendo a'voce. Na maneira que nao, nao preocupes! Voce tem mais amigos la' no CTM e muitos mais em Portugal a tua espera.

Vai' firme nos estudos e ensinando o evangelho - nao tem vergonha de falar, e' a unica maneira de aprender.

Tudo esta' bom na casa - temos saudades tuas, mais voce esta' onde deve estar. Quando desanimes, contas suas bencaos e' ficara' mais feliz.

Com muito amor,

Seu pai