Friday, July 20, 2007

Hello everyone in the real world!

Today is my 1 month mark out on my mission! yay!!!!!!!!!!!! its seems like time has gone by fast....yet it seems like ive been here forever! i saw a newspaper the other day and it looked strange...i have no idea what is happening in the outside world.....its like a prison here...but prolly the best prison on earth. lol. The Spirit of God is soooooo strong here. I'm learning alot too. This week also marked Fala sua lingua (speak your language) so i have to speak portuguese sempre(always) Its really helped alot. I can read most anything and at least get the idea of waht its saying...and i can carry out conversations......although really slowly. lol. Conjigations are the hardest for me right now....just thinking of the right endings for the word. but all in all its really cool. I had another great experience in The RC. I called this old lady, She was really awesome. She had been studying every single religion since she was 19, cuz she had a near death experience. She had read the book of mormon and said that there wasnt anyting in there that would make it not true. so i commited her to read in it, specifially Moroni 10:3-5, and pray about it. She said she would. I testified that she would know of its truthfulness. she said she would have liked for missionaries to visit here, however, because of heath problems, that wouldnt be possible. But it was still really cool just talking to her and bearing my testimony. When our conversation finally ended, i looked at my watch and i had been talking with her for almost 30 minutes! lol its was cool. anyway...my time on the computer is runni g out. I'm sending pictures home today..so they should be posted within the next week or so!
Love you all
Paz Fora
-Elder Rhett Hildebrandt

No comments: