Tuesday, December 30, 2008

FELIZ NATAL

Sorry I didnt update this week, but im updating now.
So, i think Im just gonna stop guessing about transfers...like my mom said, i was wrong again.....the thing is that the Zone Leaders do this thing called indicaçoes that tells president what everyone should do for transfers...and since ive been in the district with the Assistants, nothing has happened as the zone leaders have said. They have been saying for 5 transfers that i should go Zone Leader...but i dont think the assistants like me cuz i treat them like normal missionaries, and not the gods they think they are haha. but Im staying here in Campo Pequeno. Elder Wilson is leaving to one of dad´s areas, Estoril. My new comp is going to be Elder Watkins. Hes a transfer older than me and....not many missionaries get along well with him from what ive heard....but we´ll see. I wasnt really expecting this at all and already said my goodbyes to everyone. Everyone is going to be surprised when I show up to church again on sunday haha.
This whole week, nothing really exciting happened. Christmas was good, we just spent the day with other elders, it was fun.
Christmas eve we were invited to a members house to eat. We didnt start eating till late, adn we had already eaten at chilis a few hours before so i wasnt hungry. First they brought out shrimp(still in the shell with eyes legs and everything..thats how they eat it here) and bread and cheese, I didnt really eat much, I dont really mind shrimp but i dont like taking it out of the shell and it looks disgusting. Elder Wilson LOVED it. he ate soooooo much, probably a couple pounds of shrimp. Then they brought out Cod Fish (which is traditional christmas food here) Elder Wilson didnt know there was more. But he loved it and ate tons of cod fish. I usually like how they prepare the cod here, but this was just grilled and it was really chewy and boney and yuck...it wasnt that good. Luckily it was late so we used the excuse that he have to be home on time, so we left. and went to the other elders house, slept there and had christmas in the morning.
The rest of the week I visited lots of members cuz i thought I was leaving....it was fun though.
Elder Wilson has been freaking out all week, first cuz i was leaving and he was scared of how he was gonna be when I left...then even more when he found out he was leaving and didnt say goodbye to people. This morning he packed....it was one of the most funny and enjoyable things ive ever seen just watching that kid pack. It was a mess! i just sat back and chuckled to myself as he frantically did everything.
We taught a lesson with pepi to another investigator (cuz pepi is a member now so he helps out with the missionaries) He teaches REALLY well. I was just sittign there thinking, "wow...i never taught him how to do that" or "I dotn remember teaching him that" but he teaches better than me, i was very impressed. Then we went to his house and taught his girlfriend via webcam in brazil. He was very sincere with her, he really wants her to get a book of mormon and read it and he really wants to marry her in the temple. it was cool, shes a good girl too, I think she wont have a problem finding out the truth.
And thats about it this week.
I hope everyone has a good new year! I dont really have any plans but...meh
Tchau todos!
-Elder Rhett
PS. I hope my christmas presents got to everyone...and there is more christmas on the way! ;)

No comments: